Keelboat Day Skipper Sailing Course (Level 3)
Topics covered in this course include:
- Planning for safe trips
- Communication systems
- Engine checks
- Forecasting and weather precautions
- Navigation and helmsmanship
- Emergency situations
- Boat keeping and preparations
- Planning sailing activities over 3 to 4 days
- Experience a night sailing session
This course provides the skills required to skipper a keelboat in sheltered waters by day.
Previous experience recommended by Gulfwind to Competent Crew (Level 2) beforehand.
This course can be taken over three or four days (3 or 4 x sessions of 5 hrs) plus a night sailing session.
Upon completion you will receive the YNZ Level 3 Keelboat Skipper Certificate.
Overnight (live onboard) options additional to the course fees are also available.